Friday, September 18, 2009

Fall Leaves Preschool Craft



We had a little Jello powder left over after we made the "candied" apples yesterday. It wasn't enough of any particular flavor to make into Jello, and I didn't think the kids would care for it all mixed together. So, I decided to use it for a craft with the little ones instead.

I drew a few leaves on a piece of card stock, and had the girls color them in with crayons.


When they had finished coloring, we moved to the kitchen counter, next to the sink, and I outlined the leaves with with school glue.


Then, I gave the girls a salt shaker filled with the Jello powder (ours was a mixture of green, yellow, orange and red), to shake over the glue. This step was a little messy, though not as disastrous as I thought it was going to be, and the girls had a lot of fun doing it.


After the paper was pretty well covered, I shook the extra powder off into the sink, and laid them flat to dry.



My photos here, don't capture the colors very well, but the Jello turned out a very pretty, sparkly mixture of all the colors, outlining the leaves. And, they look quite lovely on our fridge - to my eyes, anyway.


It's great to be a homeschooler.

No comments: