Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Tiny Bird Cookies


This flock of tiny bird cookies is made (as usual for us) with plain, and chocolate, sugar cookie dough. Any sugar cookie dough, including the store bought variety, would do.


Roll it out, and cut it with your smallest, heart shaped, cookie cutter. We used one, that came with our Easy Bake Oven.


Cut each heart in half.


Squish each half, down in the middle, to form a bird body, with an uplifted tail.


Pinch a beak into the round part.


And, use a toothpick to press in a dot for an eye, and a short line for the wing.


Bake at 35o degrees Fahrenheit for 5 to 8 minutes, until firm.


Enjoy!


It's great to be a homeschooler.

7 comments:

Christy Killoran said...

Such cute little cookies!

Pebblekeeper ~ Angie said...

Oh Good Gravy these are cute! I might have to figure out how to get a heart cookie cutter! LOVE THEM!

Unknown said...

Aw, how "tweet"! (Come on, you KNOW that's a good one...)

My Oatmeal Kisses said...

I love how tiny they are! They remind me of fishy crackers. Yum!

Anonymous said...

This is GREAT! I am a fairly new homeschooling momma who LOVES your ideas. Thanks for sharing them here with all of us. Sincerely, Mommy of two little blessings & so much more!

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

I love them - they look so yummy!

Ticia said...

Oh my, I can't imagine making something that TINY!